Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother Nature's Son

I find myself with a rather pedestrian problem.

I, like millions of women before and after me, gained far too much weight while I was pregnant with my sweet Bean in 2009.  I've been Weight Watchers-ing off and on for the last year or so, but have seemed to plateau  30-40 pounds higher than my goal weight.  So, I got my chubby patoot back to my meeting last week, hopped back on the treadmill, and have recommitted to Project MILF.

And if you did your math right, dear reader, you also realize that I have a toddler.  What you might not realize is that my sweet Bean is a gargantuan 16 month old boy.  He is 33" tall, weighs 32 pounds, wears 2T or 3T clothes and 6.5W shoes.  The word on the street is they only get bigger as time moves on. 

My problem is, how to I transform my rather chubby self into a svelte, hip, mom-on-the-go whilst encouraging the growth of a Beanzilla simultaneously?

While I'm not a dogmatic seasonal locavore, I do try to feed my family real food that is minimally processed and well-balanced.  I have a gorgeous herb garden, and green tomatoes on the vine as we speak.   I have a stack of Weight Watchers cookbooks and kid-friendly cookbooks ready to go on this grand journey towards health, growth, and de-chubbification.

My plan is to post links to the cookbooks and recipes I'm using, Weight Watchers PointsPlus values, and any modifications I use to make a certain recipe either toddler- or WW-friendly, and of course, the reactions of Bean, PapaBean, and myself, hopefully with a few pictures, as well. 

So, on the eve of my second Mother's Day (which I anticipate being very not WW friendly), I'm embarking on this exercise in accountability, a venture I that I hope will end in success... and not in another Miraclesuit next summer. Those things are rather heartbreaking, and I have 2.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, lady. We have about the same amount to go...let's DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be AMAZINGLY encouraging to read!!! Hope to see you soon concierge!

    ReplyDelete