Monday, May 9, 2011

Do You Feel Like I Do?

I love Mother's Day, just love it.  Before I was a mom, it was a day for me to honor and thank all the moms in my life.  Now, it's "my day" (which is funny, because I heard that was supposed to be my wedding day...).  I don't know about your book, but apparently in my book, "my day" = copious amounts of beef and champagne.

Since restarting Weight Watchers last week, I have been diligently journaling my food intake, looking up their PointsPlus values, exercising and journaling that, and making generally good choices (I swear those Peeps on the sideboard are sitting there mocking me, though.  Thank God fruit has a 0 PPV).  I anticipated yesterday being a crazy food freeforall, and made sure that I had all of my weekly PointsPlus saved up.

PapaBean, Bean and myself went out to brunch, and I had migas and fajitas (no cheese, no tortilla strips in the migas, TYVM), and a couple of mimosas.  Since PapaBean had to work yesterday, Bean and I took a jaunt to surprise my mom, who lives about 100 miles away, for the afternoon.  We went out to lunch, where the three of us picked at a LuAnn platter at Luby's (YES, I like Luby's.  You got a problem with that?), and had a fantastic time.  I loved spending Mother's Day with my mom and my kid.  My mom turns every little thing into a fun game with Bean, and they invent their own little language that they speak as they go, mostly involving cleaning things.  Hey, my future (or even my current) self isn't going to complain about my mom making my kid think that cleaning is fun.

After putting a particularly rambunctious Bean to bed (a bit later than normal, but yesterday was just plain weird compared to our normal day), PapaBean made a crazy delicious (and very naughty) dinner of the most gorgeously marbled inch-thick ribeyes you've ever seen and some beautifully seasoned Yukon gold potatoes, all grilled to perfection outside by my remarkable husband, and washed down with a lovely Bordeaux.  Oh, yeah, and we split a bottle of Tattinger.

Since I eat dinner with Bean every night, I usually eat at about 5:30.  Last night, since I had been eating all day long, we ate at about 10pm.  So, the combination of  French wines, Texas beef, and the late hour gathered in revolt against my body and woke this mama up at about 5:30 this morning with a bellyache, a pounding head, and a mouth that somewhat resembles a litterbox...

And if all of that wasn't "what the hell were you thinking?" enough for you, I decided at about 7pm (and after my 4th or so mimosa of the day), that I was going to hop onto the treadmill and do a quick Couch to 5K workout.  What I had forgotten was that my next C25K was the first of Week 2.  :O  I think that if I didn't have my Springsteen concert DVD (Houston '78.  Came in the recent Darkness on the Edge of Town boxed set), I'm almost certain that it would have killed me.  But I finished it!  Yay!

I sit here, one eye on the Today show, the other on Bean playing, contemplating a cup of coffee, still full from last night... and I'm wondering what workout I'm going to do today.  Bob Harper's Super Strength DVD or another C25K?

1 comment:

  1. This is great, I enjoyed your descriptions and look forward to the next installment.

    ReplyDelete